If you can’t engage a customer or a client then you can’t win him either. This is why animated explainer videos are perfect tools to attract and retain visitors on your site by relaying to them the key benefits and features of your product without exhausting them into boredom.
Studies Behind Visual Learning
As reported by the Training and Consulting Group, based on their Nielsen Research, the average user spends about 10-20 seconds on a site, and this is the most crucial time frame to attract him enough to stay. If your site doesn’t offer a compelling reason for the user to stay, it loses its customer without even getting him to explore the products or services offered by you. To understand this better many instructors provide value proposition graphs. The longer a customer stays on your website, the lower the probability of him leaving becomes.
With such a short duration of time to lure your customers, you really can’t completely rely on texts and graphics. Plus, there’s also the factor of distinguishing yourself from your competitors that can do wonders. When you stand out among those of your niche, you gain a distinct advantage and this can be best done through ways that don’t burden the potential customers to investigate why they should buy from you. You need to convince them in a very concise manner and this is why animated explainer videos will benefit you.
Reasons Why Animated Explainer Videos Help Your Business
- They relieve the customer from having to read through text to understand how you offer your services or products and why you’re better than the others. Video based explainers offer a comprehensive package that includes all the information needed. These videos use animated graphics combined with texts that are both specific in nature and hit the nail right on the head.
- The realm of psychology is extremely relevant when it comes to the business world, much more than what it is credited for. According to Eye-tracking studies, it is found that internet users pay close attention to information-carrying images. They spend more time viewing images, than reading texts. This can be attributed to the fact that visual information is processed 60,000 times faster than the information sought through text. Based on these facts and figures, you can infer that it is very possible to influence a good percentage of your audience.
- ‘The Top 7 SEO Trends That Will Dominate’ by Forbes gives insight into the developing trends of video and multimedia. These tools will no longer serve as additional online marketing tools that supplement textual content but will serve as the primary source of promotional communication to accomplish greater reach, engagement, and effectiveness.
- Animated explainer videos are, especially, ideal for those areas of business that are difficult to explain via theory and require more practical demonstrations. Animated video based promotional methods are best suited to such operations. For example, instead of using graphs and figures to demonstrate traffic growth, you can use videos and visualize it to the audience. Nearly every information can be visualized through animation these days.
- Explainer videos are not limited to just scripts but can incorporate a non-verbal and non-textual approach. For examples, the characters can fly, dance, sing etc., making the video all the more engaging and eye catching for the audience. This is one of the major appeals of animated explainer videos. It is capable of telling stories in so many different ways without the obligation of being grounded in reality.
- Animated videos are also cheaper to employ as opposed to outsourcing your promotional videos to talent agencies. The former doesn’t have to deal with less trained models or paying hefty rates for quality actor performances. You also have more control over the setting of your promotional content and make fine adjustments anytime during the process.
Summing up, by using an animated explainer video you can explain and convey complex ideas, create long lasting memories and offer more appeal. They provide an increase in leads, conversions and sales, since most people have higher levels of retaining visual information in comparison with textual information. Animation based video explainers make this task easier by capturing the attention of both auditory and visual learners.