Recent legislation enacted in 2012 significantly extended the power of the Candian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), which has increased their ability to violate the privacy of their citizens. Thus making using a VPN critical to protecting your data in Canada. We provide a brief overview of the top five VPN’s available in Canada below – but can you read more on this awesome site Best VPN Canada
- ExpressVPN ExpressVPN is a provider based in the British Virgin Islands, which currently maintains servers in 78 countries including Canada. They provide 24/7 customer service, a 30-day money-back guarantee, fast and reliable connections, the ability to unblock content such as Netflix in browsers, 256-bit encryption, Domain Name System (DNS) leak protection, and a kill switch that disconnects from the internet if the VPN stops working. Furthermore, on top of other security features, they also keep no traffic logs. Torrenters will also be happy to note that ExpressVPN allows torrenting. This service is an excellent choice for those interested in streaming, excellent customer support, or security and privacy.
- Buffered Located in Hungary, Buffered maintains servers in 41 countries including Canada. They provide fast connection speeds, allows three simultaneous connections, allow P2P, have a 30-day money-back guarantee, and are capable of unblocking content. Currently, Buffered can unblock iPlayer, US Netflix, and BBC. Furthermore, they have excellent customer service. However, there are some downsides to using Buffer that impact the privacy and usability of this service. They do not have any mobile apps available, and they do keep some connection logs.
- IPVanish IPVanish is a VPN service located in Hungary that maintains servers in 61 countries. They have fast connection speeds, keep no logs, use 256-bit encryption, and allow torrenting. They are reasonably priced making this a good option if you’re on a strict budget.
- NordVPN If you’re concerned about security, then NordVPN is the VPN for you. This VPN provider provides all the typical security features and more. They currently have servers in 60 countries, are based in Panama, allow torrenting, and accept Bitcoin as payment. Furthermore, they give you the option of using Tor and VPN together. They also allow you to connect up to 6 devices simultaneously even though their connections are not quite as fast as other providers. Furthermore, their customer service team is both friendly and quick to respond.
- VPNArea Finally, VPNArea, located in Bulgaria and hosted in Switzerland, maintains servers in over 45 countries. This provider offers fast and reliable connections, allows connecting up to five devices simultaneously, allows P2P, and unlimited bandwidth. If you are interested in streaming content and 24/7 customer support is not a concern for you, then this service is an excellent choice. Furthermore, they provide several additional security features including keeping no logs, an auto-IP changer, an anti-DNS leak system, and a kill switch.
Choosing the right VPN for you is an important decision that will ultimately affect both your privacy and your peace of mind. Make sure to consider all of your needs including customer service, privacy, security features, location, whether they keep traffic logs, what services such as P2P the VPN allows, and the speed and reliability of their connections when selecting your VPN service.